Traveling In The Times Of Coronavirus Outbreak: All You Need To Know
The COVID-19, also known as Coronavirus, is spreading across the world at an alarming rate. The entire UK including London is also slowing down its pace, temporarily closing down events, public spaces and entertainment avenues, sightseeing tours and other public places in an attempt to stop the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The government is taking steps towards limiting the entry and exit of citizens and travelers from other countries. It has, in fact, temporarily banned London citizens from traveling abroad.
It is advised to put all the travel plans on hold and maintain social distancing to avoid this pandemic. But we also understand the urgency and how restless it can make you during such a situation! So, here’s all the information you need to make an informed decision on whether to travel or not and even if you need to travel in an emergency situation what precaution one should take while riding –
Risk of Getting COVID-19 (Coronavirus) On Flight
It is not that risky to travel in flight (airport transfers) as the air circulates inside the flight is filtered and most of the virus doesn’t easily spread in the flight. Although the risk of infection is low, people should avoid maintaining direct contact with the passengers and sanitize their hands frequently. Senior citizens are advised not to travel and remain indoors because of their compromised immune system.
It is advised that you should wait for the virus to run its course and maintain social distancing. However, if for some reason, you do need to travel, it is recommended that you take strict safety precautions in order to protect yourself from COVID-19. We at Justin Chauffeurs continue to operate the normal chauffeur service in London strictly following the Government guidelines. Don’t panic and just take precautions and maintain regular hygiene with a healthy lifestyle. And most importantly stay informed! You can consult the WHO website for regular updates!
Coronavirus – The safety precautions includes
- Avoiding crowded areas.
- Maintaining social distance.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Washing your hands regularly.
- And wearing a safety mask whenever possible.
All the chauffeurs are advised to –
- Clean their car on a regular basis prior to any pick-up and after drop-offs
- Maintaining hygiene is the key, keep your mouth and nose covered while coughing or sneezing.
- Keep sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol content) in your vehicle.
- Always wear gloves during the service and wear a safety mask.
- Keep tissue papers.
- Practice bowing and avoid handshakes.
Preventive measures for the passengers
- If you are sick, it is advised to stay at home
- keep your mouth and nose covered while coughing or sneezing.
- Wear safety mask
- We ask our customers to observe a duty of care as per England’s Health guidelines.
- If you have been confirmed for COVID-19 (coronavirus), unfortunately we will not be able to supply any vehicle to you.
- If you have booked your car and have been told by the doctors to self-isolate, your reservation can be canceled without any extra charge.
Note: Avoid traveling to countries that have a high number of people affected by the coronavirus. We strictly recommend avoiding traveling to China, Italy, Korea, Iran and Japan. And if you are sick, stay at home.
Ideally, all your travel plans should be postponed until this outbreak comes under control and a medical remedy/ preventive medicine is found or developed.